Environmental Preservation Initiatives
JRI recognizes that environmental issues pose an important challenge to its mode of operations. To address this challenge, we have formulated an environment policy, which forms the basis of our activities as they impact on the environment.
Basing our operations on the concept of "creating new value for the client through knowledge engineering", JRI recognizes the importance of addressing the problems facing the global environment today. To this end, we have formulated the following basic principles, and declare that each one of our employees will endeavor to carry out their business activities in a manner conducive to the creation of a sustainable, recycle-oriented society.
- (i) Utilize our knowledge, technology, human resources, and so forth to put forward recommendations in respect of environmental issues, and to promote business activity that will have a beneficial impact on the environment.
- (ii) Promote business activity in our think-tank, research and consulting, and information systems divisions that takes into account the environmental impact.
- (iii) Endeavor to create a safe, unpolluted environment by saving on energy and resources and reducing waste products.
- (iv) Formulate environmental aims and objectives that will translate the above principles into action; establish systems and procedures to achieve these environmental aims and objectives; implement these systems and procedures and endeavor to make continual improvements by reviewing them annually.
- (v) Comply with legal regulations, ordinances, agreements, and so forth relating to the environment in all business activities.
- (vi) Endeavor to raise awareness in respect of the environment through staff education, to ensure that business activities conform to the basic principles outlined above.
June 3, 2013
The Japan Research Institute, Limited.
ISO 14001 Certification
Japan Research Institute acquired ISO 14001 certification, the international standard for environmental management systems.
Promotion of Environmental Businesses
Japan Research Institute and SMBC are bolstering actions for environmental issues within our main businesses.