JRI Introduces the Operating Officer System
April 1, 2004
The Japan Research Institute, Ltd. (head office: 16 Ichibancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo; President: Shunichi Okuyama) introduced the operating officer system today. Details of the system introduced are as follows:
(1) To clearly define the responsibilities of the board of directors and the management council in order to raise the level of corporate governance
(2) To ensure swifter decision-making by reducing the number of board members and reviewing and delegating authority to lower levels of the organization
2. Outline of the System
(1) Through the introduction of this system, the number of board members will be reduced and the board of directors will be engaged mainly in making management decisions and in supervising and monitoring the execution of operations.
(2) Appointed by, and based on the decisions by, the board of directors, the operating officers will carry out operations under the direction of the chief operating officer.
(3) After the new system is introduced, JRI will have seven directors and 28 operating officers. Six of the operating officers will also serve on the board of directors.
For more information on the content of this report, please contact
Public Affairs Dept, The Japan Research Institute, Ltd.